Tier I Tech Support
Technical Support Specialist (Entry Level Position)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This position is part of the TIER I team and is responsible for supporting our customer's needs including but not limited to internet connectivity, Dial up and DSL set-up, modem troubleshooting, email issues, level one firewall troubleshooting, resolving basic billing inquiries, etc.
*Applicant must be able to work mornings and weekends*
- Assist customers in troubleshooting technical problems.
- Update client records and database while providing outstanding service.
- Provide outstanding service to new and existing Internet customers via telephone and email.
- Configure and support dial-up networking, wireless service, and DSL products.
- Diagnose, resolve, escalate critical technical issues to Tier II and Senior Sys Admin Staff.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma required, some college is a plus. Minimum of at least 1 year of related experience.
The desire for learning new skills and the ability to work independently and as a team are critical in this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to set priorities and create problem-solving solutions
- Have strong Windows and/or Macintosh OS experience
- Experience in configuring and using Internet services
- Professional telephone and communication skills required
- Candidate must have working knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- Experienced in using Internet Explorer, Netscape and or one or more
- Internet mail programs (i.e., Outlook Express, Eudora)
- Candidate will have basic technical and troubleshooting knowledge and great customer service skills
- Previous work experience with an ISP, desirable but not required
- Must be articulate and project an up-beat and friendly personality on the telephone
- Constant computer typing and mousing
- Near constant sitting at workstation
- Near constant use of telephone with or without headset
If you have the enthusiasm, the skills mentioned above and you enjoy working in a dynamic work environment where you can make a difference then this job may be right for you. Apply now and join our professional team in a casual, fun and friendly work environment. Please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 909-605-2900 to be considered for this position.